Friday, June 1, 2012

St Leger and Buoux

Will and I have spent the last few weeks first at St Leger and then Buoux trying to climb as much as possible. We may have left it a little late in the year as temps have been in the high twenties. Although too hot for prime conditions we have had some success with Will, who is still getting his fitness after just arriving, sending an 8a at St Leger and following it up with another at Buoux. I have started to feel some fitness coming my way finally although my 8b project at St Leger elluded me. I didnt go without success though as i did an 8a in the first few days  and then had one of my best days ever sending an 8a in the morning at St Leger before driving to Buoux and sending another second go in the evening! In the following few days i managed to work and send my hardest route of this trip so far which just happened to be the first 8a+(30) in the world called Chouca. Unfortunately since there isnt much of a crew at these crags we havent had a third person to get any photos or footage. I took a photo of Chouca and have used my best artistic skills to draw a representation of what it was like when i ticked it the other day;


The trip so far hasnt been without its negatives though. While i was sampling the delights of Buoux someone broke into the car and stole my laptop, kindle, and phone. Hopefully i can grab any climbing shots from the past few years off partners. Other than those its just expensive and annoying. We are currently in Apt waiting for a window to be replaced on the car before we will head back to St Leger for some unfinished business. We plan to get to the mecca of Ceuse in about a week for those cooler temps up high and thats where the real projecting will begin!

1 comment:

Vale said...

Art! Nice day you had, 8a's, sick!